Greenline Home Program, Los Angeles
Relief for First Time Los Angeles Home Buyers
The Greenline Home Program aims to empower and elevate economically disadvantaged communities.
What is it?
A generous $35,000 grant designed to alleviate the financial burden of down payments or closing costs.
Who is eligible for the Greenline Home Program?
First-time homebuyers residing in Los Angeles County, particularly those with low to moderate incomes and individuals living in areas identified as high-need within the county.
What you need to know about the Greenline Home Program.
- The grant amount is $35,000, applicable towards down payment and/or closing costs for purchasing a home.
- Applicants must be first-time homebuyers, meaning they have not owned or held interest in a property within the past three years.
- Priority consideration will be given to low-to-moderate-income residents of high-need census tracts within the county.
- Eligible properties include single-family residences, condos, or townhouses.
- Buyers are required to occupy the purchased home for a minimum of three years following the closing date.
- A two-year lien in the amount of the grant will be placed on the property.
- Completion of an 8-hour HUD-approved first-time homebuyer education class is mandatory for applicants.